Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

My windows laptop wont start back up

HP Recommended
Windows 10 Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I recently tried to reset my laptop and it told me to update and I proceeded to reset it. I didnt at all update it. What I did was wait for it to reset so now it said there is an error. I clicked cancel because that was the only option it gave me then a few options saying continue to windows, shut down your pc, etc. I dont remember the rest but then I clicked reset again and it said there was an error again. So I clicked cancel again and then I clicked continue to windows. And now it wont even properly start up. It shows up the Hewlett Packard symbol and then just cuts back off it wont leave that loop. Please tell me whats up with my laptop. Model
14-am052nr
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,659
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After 3 consecutive "failed" boot attempts, Windows should boot into a "Repair" screen.

Does that screen offer "System Restore", to roll-back your computer to a date/time just before those updates were applied?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yeah but it says something about it having to be an online operating system
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,659
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kjsnyder04 wrote:
Yeah but it says something about it having to be an online operating system

I do not understand.  What is the exact wording, and when is that message produced?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation