Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i am trying to install os on newly purchased pcie ssd with adopter card, in windows it works fine but when installing win 10 it doesn't boot with it showing winlod.exe blue screen error, i am using bios 2.78 rev A latest. can someone help please.

I really want to install win 10 on it. my pc is hp elitdesk 800G1 sff, tried a lot of bios settings but nothing works

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@AliA0 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

Probably will not work -- as I have tried this myself.

While an adapter card will allow the use of an NVMe SSD, in order to boot from it, two things must be true:

1)  PC firmware must support booting in native UEFI mode

2) Windows must be running in UEFI mode, not BIOS (or legacy) mode

So, you have to go into BIOS/UEFI settings (using F10) and confirm your PC is running in UEFI mode -- not Legacy or CSM.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood my pc is is running available bios 2.78 , and i have disabled legacy support and running only UEFI mode.

that also not working 

HP Recommended

@AliA0 

The firmware version does not tell me anything.

What you need to determine is if the firmware supports booting from an NVMe drive. 

While Windows 10 does come with NVMe drivers, those are only used AFTER the PC boots completely into Windows.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood

yeah in the os it works fine but i need  to use it as a boot drive , bios dosnt recognize the NVME so please help me with this 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.