2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Need bios dump for my EliteOne 800 G3

HP Recommended
HP EliteOne 800 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi .

My computer just died during bios update procedure do to power failure and now wont start, i get this error message(sometimes) 5 long beeps followed by 2 short.

I went to a service store and they tell me they need to reprogram my bios using a eeprom programer to fix it but they dont have the bios dump file.

Can anyone help me with this file so maybe i have a chance to fix my computer ?

Thank you !

Computer specs : HP EliteOne 800 G3

Serial number:  [edited] Product number: 1KA83EA 

2 REPLIES 2
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Nedelcu wrote:

My computer just died during bios update procedure due to power failure and now won't start,

I  get this error message (sometimes) 5 long beeps followed by 2 short.

I went to a service store

they tell me they need to reprogram my bios using a eeprom programmer to fix it

but they dont have the bios dump file.

Can anyone help me with this file, so maybe i have a chance to fix my computer ?

A generation ago, they were correct -- that was the only method to reload the EEPROM, when the computer was not usable.

For the "modern" method, see: HP Notebook PCs - Recovering the BIOS

Your computer: HP EliteOne 800 G3 All-in-One Business PC (23.8-inch Touch and Non-Touch) - Specifications

A BIOS update is available: HP EliteOne 800 G3 AiO PC BIOS (P11)

You might be able to extract the BIOS '.bin' file from the package.

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

Nedelcu
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much much for the update ! I'll give it to a try an come back with updates, i really hope this works.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation