Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need help ...You can not activate legacy suport in HP AIO 19 2113w

Hp 19 2113w
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

the option appears and does not work , I follow all the steps that you place but when selleccionas legacy suport and press f5 nothing happens, the problem is that change hard disk because it brought the machine broke down , I have no disk recovery and like if I had not served because the machine does not boot from the dvd drive and usb uefi , I do?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 450 846
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @MrGustavo,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your hard drive has failed and you are trying to put your system into legacy mode. I am happy to help with this.

If you do not have recovery media, what are you trying to use to set up the new hard drive? You mentioned a USB device and a DVD. Are they retail installation disks, and if so, for which operating system? Are you certain that they work?

Have you considered getting a set of recovery media for your computer? If you would like to, then see: HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive.

Please let me know your preferences, and if that does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

iT HAS NOW CHANGED TO 5 BEEPS REPETETIVE AFTER IT WAS TURNED OFF AND RESTARTED AN HOUR LATER-NO OTHER OUTPUT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 450 846
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not the best of news, but maybe you can use this: HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code. There is some troubleshooting you can try, as there  are things like heat that could cause an beep error code. Then if it persists, try to find the specific error for the type of BIOS that is loaded.

If it is a comparatively simple fix like memory, then you can try that. If it is a board issue, then you may want to call in to phone support using the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

If you manage to resolve the beep error,vut the computer still does not start, then try out: HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8).

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But why do HP wants you to but the Recovery media? This should be free because the legacy option on this model does not work.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation