cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jessquirl
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Need helping getting the Z800 to boot on the Accelsior SPCIe SSD Card.

HP Recommended
HP Z800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all Z800 users, I Need helping getting my Z800 to boot on the Accelsior S PCIe SSD Card. I have an 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD that I have my Operating System installed on.

I upgraded the Workstation to the HP 460838-003 Z800 Dual Socket LGA 1366/Socket B DDR3 SDRAM Motherboard. I use Windows 10 pro 64 bit.

I have been using my SSD for 8 months and it works fine, just boots/works slowly ike a regular HDD. I would like to utalize the benefits of Sata III so I purchases the Accesior S card to attach my SSD to and tried getting it to boot from the top slot (slot 1) on my motherboard as instructed.

I have read conflicting things about needing to enable "Option ROM Download" for Slot 1 where the PCIe card needs to be plugged in. I read that the best slot for that would be the very top one (PCIe x8 slot), above the primary video PCIe x16 slot. 

Once I got that set, (I think I do at lease), and after restarting I can not see the drive after I set it first in the boot order. Do I need to enable "Compute" on that slot to make it work if I am using windows 10 pro?

I have set the SATA emulation to RAID + AHCI in BIOS.  I'm not sure if I have set the SSD in the card in BIOS priority as the first boot device though. I can't find the accelsior S card in the selection for "boot to" though. I am confused on the F9 and F10 booting sequence I am suppossed to use too?

Please help me anyone.

Frazzled

Jesse James

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation