Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-f0xx product # 3LB51AA#ABL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP All-in-One 24-f0xx running Windows 10. Not long after a BIOS update prompted by HP, I noticed that I can’t wake the computer from sleep mode and have to turn it off and restart. I tried suggested solutions - enabling the keyboard and mouse to waken the computer, completing all windows updates and all HP updates recommended by HP support assistant. Could I possibly have a driver problem? What should I try next? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

Windows Logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B
(This key sequence actually restarts you graphics driver (W10 only).)

The above is not THE answer, but merely an answer.

HP Recommended

Thanks Lil_Boy_Blue.  I tried your key sequence and unfortunately my computer still did not wake up.  Thanks so much for your input though.  Much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi  

HP All-in-One 24-f0009c

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-24-f0000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/19391008/model/2241062...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-24-f0000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/19391008/m...

Try this, although it is for a Laptop, it may be relevant....

PWR and LID.png

THE Turn On fast Start-Up SHOULD BE CLEAR. The lid etc is not relevant.

You do not want Fast Start-Up.

HP Recommended

Hi Lil_Boy_Blue: Thanks for your continued support. I followed your links and performed the troubleshooting checks on the webpage as well as the troubleshooting checks in the HP Support Assistant. According to those checks, all appears to be functioning as it should, and my drivers are all current and correct.
I still have the problem though. Once the computer goes into sleep mode, the only way to get it up and running again is to hold the power button down until the computer shuts down completely and then restart by pressing the power button again.
One other thing that I have noticed (not sure this is important though) is that once I restart the computer this way, often the power indicator light on the lower right-hand corner of my monitor does not light up. Once I saw this, I did what I think they call a “hard reset” (powered off the computer, disconnected all usb attachments and unplugged the power cable and held the power button down for 15+seconds and then plugged in the power cable again and restarted the computer). The computer started right up, and the power indicator light was back on.
To get around this “sleeping” problem, I have set the screen timeout settings under the “power and sleep” tab of the Settings menu to a very long interval so that the computer will not go to sleep so often. I will just power off completely when I finish my tasks because the computer starts up again quite quickly. I think I can live with this work-around for now.
I am not very tech savvy so I appreciate your interest and assistance. I am glad that my problem seems relatively minor to some of the others that I see discussed on this forum. Thanks so much for your help!

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.