Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New desktop blank screen

HP Pavilion Gaming 690-0800no Desktop PC (Black)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I just turned on my computer (brand new) and went through the initial process of selecting my region, languages and then network connection (ethernet cable). It then started searching for updates,  said it found them and then quickly flashed a message that I didn't even get time to fully read (I was able to read something like "... do not turn off power...") before the screen went blank.it has been blank for about 1 1/2 hours now  

Is this normal? There's no progress statement or anything. I haven't had a new computer in years so I'm not sure if this is usual on initial setup. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New desktop blank screen

No, it is NOT normal.

Is there any sound coming from the computer, such as a spinning fan?

If you press the open/close button on the CD/DVD device, does the tray open/close?

On the back, do you feel any air being exhausted from the power-supply?

If it seems "dead", it may just be "off".

Press the ON/OFF button, to see if it wakes up.

Note that every new HP computer comes with a HP Warranty, entitling you to telephone HP, and get free technical support for 30 days -- maybe more.  Also, that warranty requires HP to repair/replace your computer, for up to 1 year.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation