Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dirk999999999
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

New unit overheating Pavilion 595-p0084

HP Recommended

I am having the same exact problem  I have owned the computer exactly one month. Garbage. I expect a full refund. 

3 REPLIES 3
Cheron-Z
Retired
Retired
4,444 4,348 250 491
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dirk999999999

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Support Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Paul140
Level 1
7 6 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dirk999999999  - - -

I have worked with an HP Support person on my overheating problem, and they detemined that a BIOS update was needed.  While on line to their chat operation, the person took control of my computer and processed the needed BIOS change which included an update to the cooling policy within the BIOS.   My system was failing frequently, and since this update about three weeks ago, it have been running fine.   So at this time, I am very satisfied with the particular computer.   I especially like the higher performance i that get with the solid state drive, and faster CPU.

0 Kudos
CompServices
6 5 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'll be posting this on my thread as well. 

I just spoke to my client, HP dispatched a tech and replaced the CPU fan. That was two weeks ago and so far they have not had a thermal shutdown! so far so good. 

Mike R

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation