NJCPA
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

No BIOS access at power up. Screen remains blank

HP Recommended
Pavilion P6000
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

On boot up, no screen activity, cannot access BIOS  screens with ESC action on boot up.  Tested the hard drive and video screen and both are functioning.  Changed motherboard battery.  Motherboard LED light is green, fans work.  No beep sounds or other activity occuring.  Next step?  Thinking a new motherboard.  

2 REPLIES 2
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,945 2,572
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NJCPA,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Renzov75
Level 2
12 12 0 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you perhaps update to the latest bios?

Not sure if you have the same issue as me ......

If so, and you have non-HP hardware , such as a Samsung SSD drive installed yourself, then that is the problem.

The new bios is blocking non-HP hardware .....by reinstalling the original HDD all will be fine again.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation