Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HPE h8-1340ef
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello fellow HP forum members. Today is my Birthday, I got a PC. When i wanted to connect it to my existing Monitor. Windows Booted 1 time from the SSD. I Switched it off to put the side panel back on. When i wanted to turn the PC on for the second time, the red light in the front, blue power button and fans came on. But there was no signal to the screen. I tested the HDMI cable and my Monitor, they both work fine. I first thought that it was a graphic issue. But then i plugged my Backlight keyboard in and it was staying black. The keybpard didn't have light. Again i tested the Keyboard with my Laptop and it TOO, works perfectly fine. Im standing in front of an Error. And i hope someone out there had the same problem and could help me.

I performed a Hard Reset of the Computer and already performed a CMOS Reset. The Specs are:

i7 3770

16GB RAM (Factory)

Radeon Graphics Card with 2GB Ram. 

Thanks.

With kind regards,

soeep
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@soeep Belated birthday wishes from HP Forums community, that said, I suggest you try the below steps to identify and resolve the issue:

You've already confirmed the keyboard and the monitor works fine on another computer, is that right? or is the monitor working via the HDMI on the same desktop? please clarify.

While you respond to that, I suggest you check if the computer powers on with an alternate power adapter and/or another wall outlet,

If the computer is turning on and yet it doesn't boot into windows, here's what you need to do:

Check the following items before using the steps in this document:

• Make sure the monitor has power and the power light comes on when the power button is pressed. If the light on the monitor remains off, the monitor is not receiving power from either the wall outlet or the power adapter.

• If you have a flat panel LCD monitor, unplug the monitor power cable, wait about 30 seconds, reconnect the cable and then turn on the monitor. This resets the electronics on the monitor.

• If the monitor has a detachable video cable, obtain a second monitor cable for testing purposes in case the cable is bad.

• Disconnect all connected devices except the mouse, keyboard, and monitor. This includes removing thumb drives and camera-type memory cards from card reader slots.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & BEGIN FROM STEP 1 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.