Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-One - 23-q019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

Big line: Nothing happens when I press the power button and the AC Adapter is not the problem.

For a few weeks my computer wasn't plugged. I tried to turn it on but it doesn't start at all. No light, no fan, nothing like there is no power getting in. There is a ticking sound coming out of the AC adapter but it is still working, I tried it on a laptop. When I thought the problem was the AC Adapter I bought a new one, and it still doesn't work. The new AC Adapter also works with the laptop. I tried pressing the power button for 10 sec then plugging it back, but still no result. As you see, this is a All-in-One, so I need to power it on to recover my stuff. Can someone help me, please?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dora08 , welcome to the Community.

When you pressed and held the power button for 10 seconds, did you have the computer disconnected from the power and all peripherals disconnected?  If not, you should try it again with the power and peripherals disconnected for 15 seconds.  This is a called a hard reset.  If this doesn't help, it is nearly impossible to do more diagnostics without power.  You can't run any of the HP diagnostic software.  At this point, it will most likely have to be taken to a reputable computer shop.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I tried changing the CMOS battery but still no response.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @dora08!

The CMOS battery will not help you boot your computer.  As I said in my previous post, it is impossible to do further diagnostics without the computer booting.  You will have to take it to a computer shop so they can open the case to test the components.  I wish I had better news for you.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.