Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 19 All-in-One PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I've tried the holding the power button down for a certain amount of time and plugging the power cord in and starting the pc to see if it fixed, but it doesn't. Warranty expired. There was a night where the power went out in the house and the power came back on just the screen didn't. The computer comes on, not the keyboard, mouse, or the screen. I don't know if it boots all the way up because I can't see if it has. I don't think it boots because if you wait a while the keyboard and mouse should come on, but it doesn't. Dark Screen, Keyboard and Mouse don't come on. I've even tried to plug in a different mouse and keyboard. I really need a solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings KjRBLX,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Anytime you have a power interruption or power surge to an electronic device connected directly to an AC outlet you run the risk of damaging electronic components. A surge protector may not always prevent damage when this type of event happens.

This event may have damaged your external power brick, a critical components on the MB, or fried everything.

You really should check with HP Support (I know you are out of warranty) or have a local PC diagnose the problem.

Tom

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings KjRBLX,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Anytime you have a power interruption or power surge to an electronic device connected directly to an AC outlet you run the risk of damaging electronic components. A surge protector may not always prevent damage when this type of event happens.

This event may have damaged your external power brick, a critical components on the MB, or fried everything.

You really should check with HP Support (I know you are out of warranty) or have a local PC diagnose the problem.

Tom

HP Recommended

I might try that, but I see that the mouse does work in the ports but the keyboard still doesn't.

HP Recommended

Hi KjRBLX,

That is promising (USB ports work).

I thought your screen was blank and the mouse and keyboard were unresponsive.

So you can see mouse activity on the screen?

Do you have video? Is Windows loading?

Tom

HP Recommended

Ok after I posted, I learned that the mouse is responsive, but not the keyboard. I've should of tested more, but the screen is still blank, and no I can not see mouse activity

@Grzwacz
HP Recommended

@Grzwacz wrote:

Hi KjRBLX,

That is promising (USB ports work).

I thought your screen was blank and the mouse and keyboard were unresponsive.

So you can see mouse activity on the screen?

Do you have video? Is Windows loading?

Tom

@Grzwacz
HP Recommended

Hi KjRBLX,

The power surge could have taken out the graphics system. Or maybe the monitor.

Any component could be damaged.

You have an AIO. troubleshooting an AIO is similar to working on a Laptop/Notebook.

Just about everything is integrated on the motherboard.

You may have to replace the MB if any integrated component was damaged by the power outage.

Maybe the external PS took the brunt of the power surge.

It still provides power but not enough to run the system.

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.