Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp compaq elite 8300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turn on the PC the fans start to works as well as the hard drives but there is no display.After a minute or two the fans speed increase drastically.

It started when I accidentally removed the data cable from the hard drive. I plugged it back in and my windows got corrupt, I restarted the pc to start the windows repair but it couldn't repair it so I restarted it again just to be sure and then it happened. I removed all my drives and restart it, it got fix then I turned of the PC to plug the drives in and then the problem returned.

I checked all my rams, power supply and processor but they are not the problem

My PC specs:

Intel core i5 3470 3.4 GHz

3 drives:

80GB

160GB

80GB

16 Ram

2 AMD HD 5450 2GB

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RazorEX 

From what you said, my guess is that you sent a static shock to the drive, and maybe to the motherboard as well, if you reconnected the drive while the PC was running.

Even if the drive is dead or fried, the PC should still attempt to boot and you should see something on the screen, even if it is only a flashing cursor.

What I suggest is that you use a working PC to create boot media USB stick.  You can then use this to try to boot your PC.  If it still does not boot at all, that is, blank screen, then it could be that the motherboard was damaged.

Follow the instructions below to create boot media from Macrium Reflect (MR) that can be used to rewrite/repair the boot media on your PC:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR) from this link on a working PC: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
2) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

That will create MR bootable media. Then, you can boot your PC into WinPE using that media.

Have patience, as that can take a while to start and bring up the screen.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.