Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-23-2020 12:50 AM
I just bought a brand new OMEN 880 110 on Amazon and it has been having a problem where it randomly freezes. I have restarted the computer 3-4 times today because of this issue. I did install 8 GB of RAM today and I am worried that I somehow did something to cause this freezing issue. The computer shows that the RAM is in there so I'm not quite sure why it's still freezing. Where do I go from here. I will also say that the computer is quite slow starting up despite its powerful specs. Where do I start with this problem?
03-25-2020 01:33 PM
@jifgh Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that the omen desktop keeps freezing.
Do not worry. Let's work together and get this issue addressed.
the following suggestions to help make your Windows 10 PC run better. The tips are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.
1. Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows and device drivers
2. Restart your PC and open only the apps you need
3. Check memory and memory usage
4. Check for low disk space and make some room
5. Restore your PC from a system restore point
6. Disable unnecessary startup programs
7. Check for and remove viruses and malware
8. Check for corrupted Windows system files
9. Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows
10. Adjust or turn off OneDrive sync
11. Reset your PC
Please update the Graphics driver and BIOS.
Also, update the Windows Updates.
1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.
2) Check for updates.
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community