Param1234
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Old BIOS and will not Boot

HP Recommended
HPE-450t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Bios is 6.14 and 1 boot SSD and another old HD.  Looks like booting order is messed up and it takes over 5 minutes to boot and I tried the HP diagnostic and reorder boot order.  The diagnostic says Boot Test-Failed and Error Code-BIOSHD3.

I need a fix to the error and shorten my booting time using the SSD.

My OS= Windows 10

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,745 24,396 2,849 10,429
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Param1234, welcome to the forum.

The error message that you are receiving is telling you that your boot drive is failing/ed.  If the computer still boots, you should make a backup of your personal information and replace the drive.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,689
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Boot Test-Failed and Error Code-BIOSHD3.

The motherboard will have several SATA sockets.

Check the silk-screen labelling near those ports.

Are they labelled SATA0 / SATA1 / SATA2 / SATA3 / SATA5,

or are they labelled SATA1 / SATA2 / SATA3 / SATA5 / SATA6 ?

The error-message cites 'HD3'.

Which disk-drive is connected to the 4th (if SATA0 is the first) or the 3rd (if SATA1 is the first) port?

It is that disk-drive that is being "flagged".

Or, "experiment", by disconnecting all-but-one of the devices from that group of SATA ports.

Then, reboot, and see which "single" device triggers the error-message.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation