Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 25L
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a 3-month-old Omen 25L and I'm getting a few issues on closing down and starting up. When I power down the pc via the standard windows 10 windows icon (lower left) shut down route, the PC does not close down. The graphic card light stays on, the fans run all night, and the internal lighting display continues. I've left it overnight thinking it's a update issue, but it just remains on all the same, the only way to get out of this is to remove the power lead, wait a few minutes and then restart it.

Now I'm starting to see start up issues, it fails to boot and gives eight long beeps, powers down, cycles eventually powers up, and demands a restart.

Anybody have any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't find a long eight beep BIOS error code for your PC (Link). I see 3:5, 4:4. or 5:3 BIOS error codes.

First suggestion is to contact HP Support for factory service (Link).

So what happens when you restart the PC? I would think you have a hardware problem if you are in a restart loop. Is this a Windows restart message or a BIOS restart message? I can't think of an instance where I have seen a BIOS restart message but you are getting BIOS error beep codes.

I am fishing because I don't know why you are having this problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.