Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having hardware issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
Omen 25L GT12-1000a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently purchased the 25L and it will not go to sleep when selected from the power menu. it will just go straight to the locked screen. Also, when it falls asleep it will not wake back up with the power button or keyboard. A hard power down is required to turn the computer back on. I've only purchased this product yesterday so this is quite a horrible experience if I'm being honest.

I've attempted to manually update the BIOS from HP site but it does not allow me to because it says my computer has the most recent BIOS update. HP Support Assistant and Windows also says I have no updates available. 

This is a terrible experience for an out of the box PC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I returned mine to the store I purchased it from. It has fairly lack luster fan system for a gaming desktop and the build quality is an afterthought as it appears. 

If you have a warranty I would suggest trying to get something else from a different manufacturer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PeterD14 --  I've only purchased this product yesterday

I would take it back to the store where you bought it, and get them to demonstrate how "sleep" should work.

The seller should provide a short-term warranty, while HP provides a longer warranty (up to one year?).

Buying and using a computer is much different than buying and using a toothbrush -- there is no warranty on the toothbrush.

Maybe, return it, and purchase some other computer (from some other manufacturer?) that does not have this fault.

HP Recommended

I've had mine for about a month, and no solution seems to be forthcoming. The machine gets great performance, but this is a significant issue that simply should not occur with $1500+ PC hardware in 2021.

HP Recommended

I returned mine to the store I purchased it from. It has fairly lack luster fan system for a gaming desktop and the build quality is an afterthought as it appears. 

If you have a warranty I would suggest trying to get something else from a different manufacturer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.