Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Omen 270-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am getting a white power light with 2 long beeps followed by 2 short beeps - anyone know what that code means?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@mstechie 

For desktops, this HP thread describes the different blink and beep codes: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

That did not help as can't get into windows to update bios and can't flash bios - no fixes that work

HP Recommended

@mstechie 

You specifically asked what the code means -- so I provided you info on that.

I said nothing about providing something to allow you to flash or update the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Well, it cannot be the bios just being corrupt as the system will not boot to windows and have already tried setting bios to default.  I appreciate your attempt but HP is not giving up all the beep codes to help people.  

HP Recommended

@mstechie 

I'm sorry if the HP documentation is insufficient, but it's all we can provide -- we don't have any other code information.

You could try running HP diagnostics so see if they provide you any additional information.  To do that, press the Esc key repeatedly while rebooting and when the HP Startup Menu appears, select the option for diagnostics, usually F2.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.