Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 30L GT13-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to do a clean install of windows 10 on a recently purchased Omen 30L desktop (GT13-0014).

When I access the BIOS it prompts for an admin password. I don’t have one and didn’t set one up. I tried resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery and using the CMOS jumper on the motherboard. Those didn’t reset the BIOS password. 

is there any way to reset the BIOS password from Windows or some other way?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MNMDD 

Sorry, but there is not. The BIOS password is encrypted into the firmware resident inside the chip and that is soldered to the motherboard and is not replaceable.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.