Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Omen 30L GT13-1000a
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi All,

my pc all of a sudden stopped booting, yesterday it was working properly, and today it looked like it was sleeping, but could not "wake up", tired rebooting, clearing CMOS, and removing power cord for 30 minutes, nothing seems to work.

currently when I try to turn it on, only the fans and the LED lights turn on, no beeps, no screen no nothing.

the screen is working properly (tested it on another laptop).

another thing, even the keyboard doesn't light up, and I cannot enter the bios or anything, weirdest thing ever.

any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may have some type of hardware problem. Its tough to troubleshoot this error in a forum.

I would contact HP Support (Link to HP Support options) for warranty service if you are in warranty. Get a local PC tech to diagnose the problem if your warranty has expired.

Two questions:

1. Have you installed any new hardware? New hardware such as a graphics card upgrade can cause this error. Secure Boot may be the cause.

2. Did you update to W11 from W10 recently? W10 to W11 updates can cause problems but I don't think this is your problem.

I can provide some general troubleshooting steps to check hardware.

Shut down. disconnect the power cord. Depress the power button to discharge residual power on the MB.

Remove the CR2032 MB battery to reset CMOS. Let the PC sit for a few minutes. Replace this battery. Start the PC again. 

Remove the side panel. Check and reseat all connections and installed components. Test each component using known good replacement parts. The power supply could be in trouble. This process is time consuming. You need to replace components, one at a time, then start the PC to check for a good POST.

The MB or CPU (very rare) may have failed if other components are good.

I may be missing something. Maybe a different forum member has something to add. The PC can't POST. You can't run HP Diagnostics.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.