cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Omen HP Desktop Computer did an update and now is caught in a loop and won't power up

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer asked me to do an update and then it said "update and restart" so I said yes. After it did the update when it went to start back up again it flashes a bright light near the inside where the power button outside is and it acts as if it starts to boot up then it shuts back off again and keeps repeating the same thing over and over. I thought it was the power supply so I bought a new one and got it all hooked back up but now it does not even try to power on at all. I bought it brand new March 8, 2019 so I am a bit frustrated that I spent $1600 on it and now it won't even power up. This is my work computer, please help if there is anyone who knows what it might be. Thank you so much in advance. Heather

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,466 18,426 791 853
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@hlenemier1234
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Before troubleshooting startup issues, remove or disconnect all discs and devices from the computer.

• Step 1: Remove discs and devices
  • Step 2: Perform a hard reset
  • Step 3: Run hardware diagnostic tests
  • Step 4: Refresh or reset your PC. Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479 to complete the troubleshooting steps. By end of the article, you will be able to fix the issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation