SER0307
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Omen gaming pc - New case

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi forum!

I have recently bought a new case from Silverstone. The plan was, to move my current HP Omen 870-270NO into the new case, which was a Silverstone Redline RL06 Black. But as soon as it was moved I hit a bunch of problems, most of them are solved now, but there is one that I can not crack the code for. Along with the Silverstone case, came 4 Silverstone fans. I tried putting the back fan in the MB in the port called "SYS_FAN1" Although when I started up the computer, it said that a fan was not operating correctly, and automatically turned off after 15 seconds. So I got a new PSU, the Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite 700W 80P, and switched that with the default PSU that came with the PC. But I got the same error message, about a fan not operating correctly. I then asked the retailer, about what to do, and he said that I should put the fan in a port on the MB called "CHA_FAN". But I can not find that on the MB. I took off all the fans, so the only things spinning were the CPU cooler, plugged in to "CPU_FAN1" on the MB. And the fan on the PSU. And I still get the same error message, when turning on the computer. So now I turn to you guys, can you help me? Is it a new MB that is needed?

Regards, Sebastian.

2 REPLIES 2
mdklassen
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,691
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your computer: OMEN by HP 870-270no Desktop PC Product Specifications

Product number: 1AV32EA
Release date: 30-Oct-2017
Country/Region sold in: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden

The above page has a hyperlink to:  Odense2-K motherboard specifications

This latter page has an image of motherboard

labelling two connectors:

* top-centre: "CPU fan connector"

* near top of left edge: "System fan connector"

Temporarily, can you remove the chassis fan from the original HP case, and connect it to the HP motherboard?

Does the motherboard boot with that fan connected & functioning?

0 Kudos
SER0307
Author
4 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi again. That is what I an currently doing, although it is a very small fan, and the fan that came with the new case has RGB. Without the fan in the back, and with the original HP fan plughed in, I don't get the 90B error.
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation