Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My Omen crashed today, I was out of the room when it happened so I'm not sure if a message appeared or not.  When I got back I saw the Omen logo on the screen and it cycles through some messages, "Preparing Automatic Repair". Then "Diagnosing your PC", then "Attempting repairs", then shuts down.

I was able to press ESC and attemp a diagnostic once, but it shut down before I was able to select that option.  Now the computers seems like it barely wants to even try to start up... sounds like a car's ignition turning but not starting.  It will sometimes get to the Omen logo screen but then crashes.  

What should I do??  Please help! 

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi rtb1980

HP introduced your PC in early 2017.

Look, you have a systemic hardware or software (operating system) problem.

Use your warranty ASAP.

Contact HP Support using this link.

Grzy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi rtb1980

HP introduced your PC in early 2017.

Look, you have a systemic hardware or software (operating system) problem.

Use your warranty ASAP.

Contact HP Support using this link.

Grzy

HP Recommended

I used my warrenty and sent the computer in for repair.  I recieved my computer back today and it seems to be working great again.  The repair sheet that came with the computer says the power supply was replaced.

I applaud HP for the quick turn around.  The whole process was fast and very easy.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz

Almost 2 year later and I've encountered another issue with this computer.

I was using my Omen, walked away to do something, came back and it was off.  I tried to power on but nothing happens.

I pressed the power button for 30 seconds, nothing.  I unplugged, held power button for 20 or so seconds, plugged in and still nothing.

This is frustrating that this is the 2nd issued I've had with this computer now.  It is 2 years later, but a desktop at this price point should be able to last longer than 2 years without these types of problems.

I think it's the power supply again but can't be sure.  The green light, were the power cord plugs into the tower, is fully lit green.

The worst part, I'm no longer under warranty, even though this seems like I have bought a lemon and would really like a replacement, or at least to have it fixed.

HP Recommended

Hi Rtb1980,

I don't work for HP, I am a volunteer.

You have recurrent similar symptoms but the cause could be a different component (motherboard, RAM, the power switch). It is also good to check all internal connections and external connections. Try a different AC power cord.

A solid green PSU LED is good but does not necessarily mean the PSU is not failing. A failing automobile battery can run the radio but can't start the car.

You are out of warranty now.

Troubleshooting requires swapping in known good components.

It can get very costly.

You may be better off having a local PC tech take a look.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks Grzwacz,

Hopefully I can still send it in and just pay them to fix it?

Or, I might buy a power supply and return it if that doesn't fix it.  

I'm so frustrated, I've never had any other computer give me these types of issues, I feel like I bought a lemon or a computer built with substandard components.  Hopefully HP can just fix it for me.

HP Recommended

Hi,

HP can fix it. 

I only suggested a local PC tech to avoid having to ship the PC.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.