Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp slimline 270a011
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hard Disk Error

Hard Disk 2 (3F2)

after running hard disk check, says no hard drive installed. Computer ran fine a few days ago.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Usually that message indicates the hard drive has failed.  Curious as to why it is labeled "Hard Disk 2"  Check in the BIOS to see if there is another device labeled Hard Disk 1, and check to verify that there is no media in the DVD/CD drive or a media card slot.

If all those are empty, then the hard drive needs to be replaced and Windows reinstalled.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. How do I check the BIOS to see if there’s something listed as Hard Disk 1from startup when is goes directly to “error”? If the system is looking for a Hard Disk 2 when there is none, can I somehow re-direct the system to launch back to Hard Disk 1?

HP Recommended

The BIOS can be entered by tapping Esc at start-up.  Start tapping Esc and then press the start button.  Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu appears.  Then the BIOS can be entered from that popup menu.  Check to see what is showing as devices and why the hard drive, if shown, is Hard Drive 2

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.