Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On startup, I get “Hard Disk Error”. Hard disk test, says that no hard disk is installed

Hp slimline 270a011
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hard Disk Error

Hard Disk 2 (3F2)

after running hard disk check, says no hard drive installed. Computer ran fine a few days ago.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,985 9,981 938 2,733
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On startup, I get “Hard Disk Error”. Hard disk test, says that no hard disk is installed

Usually that message indicates the hard drive has failed.  Curious as to why it is labeled "Hard Disk 2"  Check in the BIOS to see if there is another device labeled Hard Disk 1, and check to verify that there is no media in the DVD/CD drive or a media card slot.

If all those are empty, then the hard drive needs to be replaced and Windows reinstalled.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. How do I check the BIOS to see if there’s something listed as Hard Disk 1from startup when is goes directly to “error”? If the system is looking for a Hard Disk 2 when there is none, can I somehow re-direct the system to launch back to Hard Disk 1?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,985 9,981 938 2,733
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The BIOS can be entered by tapping Esc at start-up.  Start tapping Esc and then press the start button.  Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu appears.  Then the BIOS can be entered from that popup menu.  Check to see what is showing as devices and why the hard drive, if shown, is Hard Drive 2

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation