Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
5 3 0 3
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

On turning on the computer it started into "We've got some updates for your PC" and doesn't complete

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6230y Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Upon turning on the computer at the login it says "HI" then "We've got some updates for your PC" and then says "This might take several minutes", "do not turn off your computer".  It then goes through several iterations of the same messages.  After nearly an hour it says "This is taking longer than expected but will finish as soon as we can".  The messages show on black background, then blue and back to black.  After about 2 hours the computer actually shut down.  When it was restarted it went through the same process and has not completed after over 3 hours.  Despite the "don't turn off your computer" I am tempted to shut it down and try starting it again.  Any help will be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,483
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@abpulse

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion p6230y Desktop PC. I read that the Windows updates got initiated and since then they do not complete. You have restarted the PC and the issue persists. I'll be glad to assist you with this case. 

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• As Windows 10 is not booting up now, let us perform a Microsoft System Restore to rollback the PC to a previous date when it worked fine. Please perform the steps mentioned under "Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally". 

Once the Microsoft System Restore is successfully complete, you may continue with the following steps to fix the Windows updates:

Also, perform the following steps mentioned in this HP article

• Manually troubleshoot issues installing Windows updates.
  • Error message displays: Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer. (Perform this steps only incase this error pops up).

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 3
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It turned out that this was probably a hacking attempt as I never did get to a point where I could do any of the steps that were suggested.  Separately I got an email (with the HP logo on it) that suggested my issue could not be solved by the HP Support Forum.  It offered the following: 

"We really appreciate for your concern regarding your HP Product. But its hard to provide you the appropriate solution for this issue in community. In order to get easy and hassle free HP Technical support for you peripherals. Kindly call +1-818-660-0765 (US/Canada) & +44-020 3289 7008 (UK)for assistance."

I called the number and the tech support rep walked me through four diagnostics on each of my three computers that revealed that I had several malware/virus issues and had probably been hacked.  The company was "Advance Tech" with a merchant name of "Greekers Infosys".  Over a couple of hours they ran software that cleared up the issues on all 3 computers (for a price).  Since I run antivirus software from BitDefender I was surprised that I had so many issues.  They installed Webroot protection software on each machine and so far the results have been good

P.S.- I am still a little concerned about the legitimacy of eveything that happened including the payment via a faxed check.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 519
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

I assume the faxed cheque had your signature and bank account details on it?

Presumably it could be photoshopped for a greater amount?

The UK number is being reported as a scam number.

Personally I would be knocking on my bank's door and blocking the transaction.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation