webstert
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Out of memory when coming out of sleep mode

HP Recommended
envy 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When waking up from sleep mode, the computer usually reports low memory problems.  On reboot I don't get the message.  It is annoying, and often I restart Chrome, but it doesn't seem to affect computer performance much, even if I ignore the message and don't reboot or restart.  

Ever since I got this computer new a year or so ago this has been a problem.  I keep thinking the next patch will fix it, but it is persisting.  

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 638 1,525
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

It would seem some process is consuming a lot of memory at wake. Have you checked memory usage in Task Manager when you get this error message? The memory usage may subside as time goes by after waking from sleep.

Chrome is somewhat of a memory hog.

There are a whole bunch of Envy 23 products.

Please provide a specific product number for better assistance.

Tom

0 Kudos
webstert
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  I checked Task Manager and Chrome is topping the list of memory use -- I will keep checking with I get the error.  I have Chrome on other computers, though, without low memory issues (that I know of).  Could this be a bad Chrome install, or something else with HP?  

The "HP Support Assistant" (also a memory hog, btw) lists this info. for my computer:

23-k310, Product number: J4W46AA#ABA, Windows 10 Home 64-bit 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation