Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

P6623w not responding

Pavilion 6623w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Had several power outages last week, when I got home tried to restart PC it would only start in a recommended mode could not make it start in normal mode. Unplugged everything and decided to open it and clean it up, blew out dust with air can. Now when I turn it on the blue light on the power button does not light nor does the monitor come on with it, the inside green lights are on and fans running but that's all it does. Please help

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,983 9,979 937 2,733
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

P6623w not responding

Power outages are not good for a PC, as spikes many times are also part of the outage.  It would not be a surprise that something in the PC (hardware) got damaged during the outage if the PC was on, especially.  The green light being on is a good sign, if it stays on after the start is initiated.  Blue light on the power button not coming on, not a good sign.  Most likely a motherboard failure but on a PC that old, it could be something else, too.

The monitor not coming on is probably not a good sign, either.  Unless you are somewhat handy and experienced in troubleshooting, it might be better to ask for help from a friend that is.  Otherwise, take it to a shop.  Be prepared for the repair bill to be more than the PC is worth, however.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation