Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 20-r019d All in one Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, can someone please help me. PC is working perfectly fine before BIOS update from hp support assistant. Power button LED blinks 8 times with 8 beep sounds, then BIOS recovery (500) starts. The process of beeping and BIOS recovery (500) keep repeating, PC cannot start. Tried pressing esc, F2/10/11/win+r repeatedly, power on and off to restart repeatedly, unplug power cable, but nothing works.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Sorry to hear you have had a bad BIOS update using HP Support Assistant.

Try all Desktop BIOS recovery steps at this site (Link).

Let the forum know how it goes.

More options/assistance may be available if you cannot recover the BIOS.

Regards 

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz, 

Thank you for your help.

I have tried all the solutions I could find on HP website, but nothing works.

I could not reset CMOS, because I can't screw open my PC. 

It is locked, there is a padlock sign on the casing of my PC, I don't know how to unlock it.

Thank you.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

AIO PCs can be difficult to work on.

I suggest you either have a local PC tech check the MB or contact HP Support (Link).

Have you checked YouTube (Link) for any videos on how to access the Motherboard on HP AIO PCs? HP has many "How To" videos on YouTube. Maybe this HP video (Link) will help. Plus there are links to other HP Support videos at this link.

I don't know if you are willing to try this procedure.

I can tell you the motherboard will probably have to be replaced if resetting CMOS fails.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

Still busy trying the different solutions, because it is so expensive to send for repair and backup.

I am not an IT expert, I shouldn't have updated BIOS just because HP support assistant prompted me that there is new update. 

Once again, Thank you.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can someone help to answer my question?

Could it be because it takes a longer time to connect wireless keyboard, therefore there is no response when I repeatedly press Esc/F11/F10 and other key combinations, immediately after I turn on the computer?

Thank you.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your original problem was a bad BIOS update. The PC is beeping at system startup.

Did not know you are using a wireless keyboard.

Is this wireless keyboard a HP factory component?

Try the wired keyboard (if applicable) HP shipped with your PC.

The MB is in trouble if all Desktop recovery steps at this site (Link) cannot fix the BIOS.

Maybe a different forum member can help. I am out of ideas.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt assistance, really appreciate your help.

The wireless keyboard I am using now is the one that is shipped with my PC.

Don't know whether buying a wired keyboard will work...

Thank you for your help.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.