Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PC ignores BIOS power on settings

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Tower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have my older HP Pavillion, and it is setup in the BIOS to boot every day @ 6:30 AM.  Love having this feature and it has become hard to live without.

When I enable my newer HP 800 G1 to do the same, it never boots and seems to ignore these BIOS boot settings. 

This weekend I updated it to the latest and greatest BIOS from HP (sp84334).

I removed those boot settings, saved and rebooted.  Went back into the BIOS and re-setup my boot schedule to boot every day at 6:30 AM, again saved, and rebooted. 

The next morning, still, no boot and have to manually power it on in the morning.  I've reviewed these BIOS settings a zillion times and can't see why this new HP won't boot based on BIOS settings like my old HP.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> Any ideas?

Timezone issue?

If you leave it off for 24 hours, does it boot at 30 minutes after some other hour?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No, it ignores the BIOS setup and never boots.

In other words, if I left that PC powered off, it would stay powered off forever, until I manually powered it on.  This is because, the BIOS settings are being ignored.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation