Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Deskpro 600 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My PC seems to function, but is not accessible for further configuration. I tried to reset the motherboard with solutions found in various sources on internet: removal of passwrd jumper, removal of cmos battery and pressing the cmos button, but the bios refuses entrance. So I am stucked 😞

And that HP Deskpro 600 G1 SFF is a nice Computer 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ToonV 

What do you mean by "not accessible"?  What specifically happens when you restart the PC?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

My story is more complicated, as the original disk was stuck by ransomware, and the original computer (HP dc7900) died. The new computer (HP Deskpro G1  SFF) does not work (as described in my first post) with an older disk with Windows 7 also used in the dc7900.

And the original disk is accessible with an external diskstation, but I do not dare to use the harddisk as a boot device because of the ransomware.

So, for now, I first want to arrange a proper backup(s) and then try to boot from the original disk.

To be continued…

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.