34 15 0 5
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

PC slow after BIOS update/cleaning

HP Recommended
HP 280 G2 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi
I am facing a strange situation. The PC- a HP 280 G2 MT, suddenly got slow, especially while booting after a BIOS update. Along with that; this might be slightly off topic, but let me elaborate- I used a mobile cleaning solution/ sprayed a bit from outside of the CPU cabinet to get rid of the dusts. I thought that the solution might have got inside the PC and caused some damage. However even after the cleaning, I let it dry for half an hour, and in the old BIOS, there was no lag on the machine. However now it is quite bothering. A sfc scan found some problems and fixed those accordingly.
What could be the problem? The BIOS update or hardware damage? Please share your opinions.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation