A-tuc
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

PC will not boot or load bios

HP Recommended
HP a4310f
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

PC will not boot. With power cord in,the green led shows on my power supply. When I try to turn on machine, the power supply fan turns on and runs constant, the CPU fan turns on for 10 sec than turns off, the disk drive has power. The monitor is blank, can not even get to bios. All USB ports show no power, except a quick flash upon attempted start. VGA has no data transfered. 

My immediate thought is motherboard issue.  I've tried other monitors, tried a different power supply. Disconnected and reconnected ram, HD, video card. Checked all connections. Tried hard reboot, recovery disk. Chipset looks good. I even replaced the bios battery.

It's probably time for a new PC, but this one is only used in my shop and the one program I need it for is not supported on new OS. Was working fine till a day ago when it stopped. It's plugged into a power strip, and weve had no surges or stormes.

So if anyone has other ideas. Please let me know.

Thank you

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation