Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN HP Desktop PC - 880-075d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated my BIOS and immediately after my updating it, I get a PUMP SPEED 90b error on a black screen whenever I start up my PC.

Some extra info: About a month ago, the stock CPU liquid cooling stopped working and I decided to send it to a PC shop for repair and they replaced the liquid cooler with another HP cooling fan.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Presumably, your previous liquid-cooling system used a pump to move liquid through the system.

The liquid-cooling system must have been only PARTIALLY removed -- leaving behind the software that checks the speed of the pump, which has been removed.

Take the computer back to the same computer shop, and show them that they did not COMPLETELY remove the liquid-cooling system. 

HP Recommended

Hi thank you for the reply, is there anyway I can remove the notification myself? The fan works fine and all

HP Recommended

is there anyway I can remove the notification myself? 

If you originally installed the liquid-cooling solution, you probably can run an "uninstaller" to remove the software.

If it was installed on your behalf, by somebody else, you may need help from that person.

HP Recommended

Hey, the AIO cooler came with the OMEN 880-075d that I bought, any solutions for that?

HP Recommended

It is unlikely that the BIOS generates the error-message.

It is likely that some "start-up" task is generating the message.

Within Windows Task Manager, examine the "Startup " tab for a list of those tasks.

HP Recommended

DSC_0554.jpg

hi so sorry for the late reply, but im talking about this notifcation. i am pretty sure its generated from BIOS right? i've also checked the start up task and I don't see anything that would generate an error message like this right after i start my computer

HP Recommended

don't know why the image doesn't load but it's the same one as this user posted https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Pump-Speed-and-BIOS-update-issue/td-p/6740452

though my fan is working perfectly fine

HP Recommended

i am pretty sure its generated from BIOS right?

I agree with you, right.

> i've also checked the start up task and I don't see anything that would generate an error message like this right after i start my computer

OK. That is reasonable.

To me, it implies that the only way to disable the message is to enter BIOS SETUP, and look for some option to disable any "monitoring" that triggers the message. Temperature?

In that other thread, the author wrote that each core was running at 100 degrees Celsius -- the temperature of boiling water, at sea-level. That is WAY too hot -- the normal range should be around 30 to 50 degrees.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.