Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 27xi won’t turn on

Pavilion 27xi
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
So, last night, I went to turn off my computer monitor and a message appeared “Power Button Lockout.” I didn’t know what it meant nor did I really care so I fidgeted around with the menu options, even pressing the power button repeatedly to no avail and everything and I couldn’t find a way to reverse or get rid of the problem. Instead of looking up how to and saving myself an infinite amount of trouble and stress the next morning, I decided to just go to sleep

That’s where the main issue comes in as, while I was asleep, my monitor did end up turning off and because the power button doesn’t work it won’t turn back on. I’ve been unplugging it and plugging it back in and holding down the power button as I can given that it’s an led light, I don’t know what else to do.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A Google-search for "Power Button Lockout" gave:

This “Power Button Lockout” feature can easily be turned on or off. Simply press and hold in the monitor power button for over 10 seconds and the white “Power Button Lockout” box on the screen will disappear. You can now switch off the monitor in the normal way.

as the very-first search-result.

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried that already. The monitor is completely off and won’t turn back on, I’m not even sure if pushing the power button does anything since it’s an LED light that you touch instead of push.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,658
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

> I’m not even sure if pushing the power button does anything, since it’s an LED light that you touch instead of push.

Why not try touch-and-hold for at least TEN SECONDS, to see if that works ?

If not, does the HP Monitor still have an active HP Warranty?  If so, contact HP, to make a claim against that warranty.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation