Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 500-314 no POST?

I just acquired an Hp Pavilion 500-314 AMD A8-6500. The previous owner added in a GTX 750. Upon trying to boot the computer I am not getting any video output, which I'm guessing is a no-POST situation. I've tried clearing the CMOS and attempted to use both DVI ports and mini-HDMI on the video card, as well as the onboard VGA. I did not attempt to use the onboard DVI because I figure the motherboard knows which is plugged in, so I'd get the same results as the VGA port. I also tried removing and reseating the RAM. Still no display.

I'm not getting any beeps either. The fans ramp up speed upon pressing the power button and then they settle down. The HDD light lights up too for about 5 or 10 seconds then goes off. Also, if I turn off the power supply switch, as soon as turn the switch back on the computer turns on, without me pressing the power button.

What am I missing?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 520
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

No screen display at all?

CPU failed.  MoBo failed. Graphics failed.

So what, if any, screen display is there?

Can you view the BIOS settings?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No display at all, so no I can't view BIOS.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 520
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

My next move would be to remove the RAM and expect the MoBo to beep an error code.

If it does I would consider changing the CPU, if not I would consider changing the MoBo.

Return it and get a refund is highly unlikely to be an option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I finally figured it out.. I had the ram installed in slots 1 & 3, but when I moved them to 2 & 4 the computer boots up. Now I've added two more sticks of ram and have all 4 working fine. This is the first time I've ever had a computer that the slot closest to the cpu wasn't the one that needed to be populated first, but rather the next one is.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation