Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570-p055na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Blue screen error message on startup CPU fan 90B fault.  Fan over-speeds (makes it noisy) for 2 seconds and then coasts to a stop.  This repeats after 7 seconds adinfinitum.  Cleared any sign of dust and updated the BIOS to 1st November 2018.  Windows and apps run normally when I start Windows instead of letting it shut down.  Installed SPECCY - all internal temperatures seem normal (29-31degC, CPU 40degC).  Removed CPU heatsink/fan assembly - in good contact with CPU and thermal heat sink compound well squashed.

Please advise how to resolve.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@Dave_Lonsdale,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you're getting a cpu fan error message on startup on your HP Pavilion Desktop PC. Don't worry I'll be glad to help you.

Splendid effort and fabulous description of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score.  You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I see that you have exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps such as updating the Bios and this has not helped to resolve the issue.

In this scenario, As we diagnosed and found it is a hardware issue with the product. I will share you few details through a private message about the service options dedicated to your product, please watch your inbox for more information.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet

Many thanks for your reply.  I will look out for a private message.

HP Recommended

@Dave_Lonsdale,

Thank you for replying,
Please take your time and get in touch with our HP phone support and I'm sure they should be able to go ahead and address your issue,

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and I'll be more than happy to help you. 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again Jeet

I am a little confused, are you proposing that I use HP's fee based service?  I am hoping that the support I need will come  from expertise available to the community.

Having now reviewed several posts, it would appear that the problem is one of two things either:-

1)  Despite having free running bearings, the CPU fan is defective or:-

2)  The PWM control electronics for the fan are faulty

By referring to past failures known to HP, which is prevalent? - To achieve continuous improvement, all blue chip companies collate failure statistics.

Please also advise if the fan drive electronics are on the motherboard or built into the fan itself.

I look forward to your informative reply.

Happy New Year

HP Recommended

@Dave_Lonsdale,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

As I understand you have a concern regarding the CPU fan, as you have mentioned in your Original post that you have already tried updating the Bios on your PC and unfortunately nothing has helped to resolve this issue. There is nothing that we can do over here. The last resort would be to have the unit picked up for repair.

Hence, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support and I'm sure they should be able to go ahead and address your issue.

Let me know if you encounter any difficulty contacting them. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Jeet, Happy New Year and many thanks again for your prompt reply.

It’s unfortunate that you don’t have the technical expertise to answer my questions of 31st December.  Surely  you have colleagues who are knowledgeable to whom you could refer?

However, ahead of your feedback from this task and in view of a relatively low price, I have gone ahead and ordered a replacement CPU fan - unfortunately it seems available on line only from China and so will take some time to arrive.

In the absence of definitive feedback from my query to you and in the case that a replacement fan does not solve the problem, I can imagine that I will need to buy a replacement motherboard.  Please provide me now with a link for this purchase.  My 570-p055na, product number Z7D31EA#ABU PC has the serial number CNV71112MY.  I would transfer the RAM, display board and SSD from my existing motherboard.

Please also be aware that I live in the UK - I have tried several times to change ‘country/region United States’ to UK but each time unsuccessfully.

HP Recommended

@Dave_Lonsdale,

I am responding on behalf of @Jeet_singh as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I reviewed your conversation and understand that you are getting system fan error 90B. As informed by Jeet_singh it is a hardware issue and the system fan needs replacement. These are my thought what you are going through.

As you have already mentioned that you have ordered the replacement fan, I recommend you replace the fan and I am positive that it should take care of the issue.

Below is the link for the motherboard. You can call HP phone support and order the motherboard if required.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-570-p000-desktop-pc-series/13823514/model/16110628/...

Hope that answers your question.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding The_Fossette

I will replace the fan when it arrives and hope it corrects the fault.

In case it doesn’t, I would still appreciate the link for a replacement motherboard - I think you forgot to include it.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

@Dave_Lonsdale,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I have edited the last post and I have included the link for the motherboard. 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.