Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion All-in-one touchscreen ghost touch, impossible to login to windows

Pavilion All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As of late, the touchscreen for my computer has been freaking out and registering inputs, that I am not creating. I tried turning in off and on again like you do and am now unable to login to any of my accounts because the touchscreen is both clicking the different users on the bottom left and clicking out of the password box making it impossible to put in my password to log in. I have plugged in both a mouse and keyboard to try to alleviate the situation but the touchscreen is making it impossible to use them.

I would like to disable the touchscreen somehow so I can troubleshoot and download new drivers, ect, but I can't. The problem I am having is similar to past cases other than the fact the amount of "fake" input I'm receiving is overwhelming.

If anyone has ideas on how to disable the touch BEFORE being able to login to windows and or fixing it all together, Im all ears.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,468 21,456 1,417 2,074
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JPminer,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you turn on the on-screen keyboard from the login screen from the ease of access icon and log in to your computer. Once you login to the computer go to device manager and uninstall the touchscreen driver and then download and install it from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Here is how you need to uninstall the touchscreen driver.

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when the computer was working fine. Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a feeling you didn't understand what I wrote. Because the overwhelming ghost input, I am unable to input anything into the password box because the ghost input is clicking out of the box. I have already plugged in a keyboard and mouse without avail.

I have also tried the ease of access keyboard like you suggested but I am unable to click fast enough to enable it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I recommed you to please clean up your touch screen with dry microfiber cloth, some times dust or impurities resides at touch screen which causes touch screens to register input

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I probably should have mentioned that I already cleaned the screen. Unfortunately this didnt work

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation