Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop TP01-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like my computer to automatically restart after a power loss, as I intend to remote in most of the time to the PC.  However, I can't find a bios or other setting that will allow this.  Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi All, I called support today for this exact reason. I have a new system cause I had to go to windows 10 since wins 7 is 99% out the door. I have special software that runs my house and I need it on my trips to be able to be in touch with it. and one of these is through a app. but if i have a power failure I need it to be able to come back up when its restored.. they started to walk me through what needed to be done but I was ahead of her, I was sitting in front of the BIO screen telling her there was no advance section they wanted me to go to. at that point she said she had to talk to her higher ups (my name, not hers), she was gone 4 mins and came back and said there is no way to set that to restart on a desktop. I said i hope she was wrong but she claim she talked to the techs that work in BIOs. at that point I said that I was sad to hear that  cause that ment I will have to have a special setup for some one to come in my locked up place to push a friggin button to restart this system and there forth I am sad I bought the wrong system. So outside a expensive UPS kinda between rock and hard spot.and a UPS may not reconnect to the network when it restored. Thanks to those who dropped this important option to us that need it.

Gary

HP Recommended

I wish someone from hp could explain if there is an actual hardware reason or if they could add it via a bios update. hp?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.