Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6610me
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is in regards to Pavilion P6610me randomly rebooting, and the archived topic Pavilion P6610me randomly reboots - HP Support Community - 432263:

I just wanted to let everyone know that after all the years with random reboots with no BSOD and even taking the computer in to an official HP maintenance center in the U.A.E while the computer was still under warranty and them not finding "anything wrong" with the computer, I replaced the power supply last month and it has been working perfectly.

Unfortunately, all these random reboots have ruined the original hard disk a few years ago. So I wasted a lot of time effort and money to fix the issue. I think it is sad that a huge company like HP did not guide us correctly and replace the faulty power supply to begin with. I feel it was bad quality, bad troubleshooting and or incompetency on their part and I would have to think very hard before buying a consumer grade PC from HP again in the future. I hope someone at HP sees this and takes the right measures to rectify the situation.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@FadiBahhady,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the replacement Power Supply. 

Use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal. 

  

Alternatively, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started: 

  

1) Click on this link

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step: 

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Click on "Show Options". Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself! 

  

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, here's how private messages work: Click here for details.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Have a great day!  

HP Recommended

Unfortunately this seems yet another example of bad customer service by HP support. I did mention in my previous post that I already purchased a replacement power supply for this computer which has fixed this problem.

HP's inability to find the root cause of the random reboots all these years ago has wasted my time, money (power supply and hard drive) and personal data due to the hard disk corruption from all the random reboots through the years.

HP Recommended

Hi@FadiBahhady,

Apologies for all the inconvenience!

HP does not support data backup are data recovery, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now, But I will take feedback share it support team 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.