Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion TP01-0038NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Pavilion TP01-0038NL doesn't work ....
I bought it on Black Friday from HP. After the first intallment and update, it asked to restart and ... it continuously tried to restart.
I opened a Case Id with Hp and receveid the same model for replacement and ... Also this one has the same flaw!!
Installment, Update, and ....
No lights blinking, no messages on the screen, no capability to interrupt the process... continuosly, every 1 or 2 seconds, it tries to start again with a metallical clang.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Sorry to hear this.

Will notify a HP Moderator for possible assistance.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello
Waiting for an answer
You must turn off the pc by pressing and holding the power button!
Restart, and press the f2 key several times
Run the tests to find out if there is a hardware problem or not

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code)

give us, if  there is

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help but, as I wrote in my previuos message, the Pavilion begins to restart continuosly every 2 seconds:
1) it starts;
2) the power light ligths;
3) a metallical clang then happens, I suppose coming from the power supply;
4) the power light goes out;
4) Pavilion starts again.
In this 2 seconds nothing happens even clicking F2 several times. No message on the screen at all.

The problem is: this is not the pc I bought, this is the replacement (!!) with the same exact problem !!!
I will ask Hp to refund my money!!

HP Recommended

In this case, it is a serious problem indeed, it is necessary to contact HP directly

If moderation can offer nothing more!

Phone Assist Worldwide | HP

Possible ,Power supply or motherboard out of service

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi @Giampaolo2

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Final update.
HP technical support attempted today a total recovery of my new Pavilion Tp01-0038nl by asking me to press several times F11 key during the boot.

Not even this solution ran and allowed them to access and repair the issue.
Now I started the process to send back the Pavilion and ask to refund what I paid.
Since many years it's the first time something like this happens with Hp!!
Thank all.

HP Recommended

@Prométhée wrote:

In this case, it is a serious problem indeed, it is necessary to contact HP directly

If moderation can offer nothing more!

Phone Assist Worldwide | HP

Possible ,Power supply or motherboard out of service

Sorry, it was obvious to me, a factory reinstall, do not fix a hardware problem, otherwise, I would have proposed
Thank you for marking my solution!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@Giampaolo2 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information.

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.