Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24 all in one desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My computer was on yesterday and I walked away and came back and it was completely dead. I tried the initial hard reset recommended but it didn’t work. How can I get my computer to turn on and work again? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is tough to diagnose your problem using the information provided.

I would suggest contacting HP Support (Link) if in warranty or a local PC tech if your PC is dead, no power, no sounds, nor any other activity suggesting the PC is attempting to Power On Self Test.

Could be the power supply or a motherboard issue requiring replacement parts.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.