Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion HPE H8-1010t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an older Pavilion from mid 2010.  How do I disable the secure boot so that I can put in a different graphics card on the Pavilion H8-1010t (NOT H8-1010 because everything I find for the h8-1010 doesn't work on the h8-1010t)?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

jnilsson86

PC's made in 2010 don't have Secure Boot settings in the BIOS.

Your PC has a Legacy BIOS. The Nvidia 700, 900, and 1000 series cards require a UEFI BIOS.

Newer model AMD graphics cards also require a UEFI BIOS.

The graphics card you may have tried to install will not initialize, so you see no video, if it requires a UEFI BIOS.

Let me know if you are interested in checking out some newer Nvidia or AMD graphics cards that will run on either BIOS.

Sapphire and MSI have some cards for sale with a BIOS switch on the graphics card.

Grzy

HP Recommended

why , for gaming, why not say why first? Games or for CAD/CAM or other computers simulatiions<  ?

power on hit ESC key

see your bois , what you see is what you got.  wysiwyg 

different graphics card?? no name stated, but in all cases your sell of said card (not used) will tell you what systems it fits.   and sure UEFI

what new GPU card, none stated

what OS>?

im not sure the "T" code ...

i have to google to find, its  (I do know it can mean, country ("us" is usa) or can mean sold at CostCO.  or the like.

T can mean memory size or omg see this, the graphics it came  with (list) is huge

• GeForce 405 (1 GB)
  • GeForce GT420 (2 GB)
  • GeForce GT440 (1.5 GB)
  • GeForce GT440 (3 GB)
  • GeForce GT530 (2 GB)
  • GeForce GT545 (3 GB)
  • Radeon HD 6450 (512 MB)
  • Radeon HD 6450 (1 GB)
  • Radeon HD 6570 (1 GB) single bracket; DVI, HDMI, & VGA via adapter
  • Radeon HD 6570 (1 GB) single bracket; DVI, HDMI, DP & VGA via adapter
  • Radeon HD 6670 (1 GB)

slots open:

• PCI Express x16: 1
  • PCI Express x1: 3
  • PCI Express x1 mini card socket with USB connector: 1

Contact your card sellers,  ask them personally, 

contact them directly.

try newegg? I have always got great service from them, (im retired so , i NEVER SPAM this is Opinion only)

Im a 100% Nvida card user, and if you are why not join there forum and talk.,

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3156/~/when-installing-an-after-market-graphics-c...

this post is when it all began

I still run MBR boots and no fast start ups. 

For it to all work right , all 3 must be UEFI compat, GPU card, mobo and OS.

NO warranty answers by me.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.