Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion 570-P010na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Specs as follows - Pavillion 570-P010na. AMD A10-9700. 8GB RAM.  120GB NVME.. Radeon r5 M430.

Updated to latest official BIOS from HP website.

BIOS flashing process seemed to work fine, update completed as expected.

However, I'm now unable to get a POST from the machine. Turns on, blank screen, the white LED power light is flashing once every 5 seconds.

I have so far tried the following

- CMOS reset with motherboard jumper

- CMOS reset with battery removal 

- Tried 'barebones' boot with GPU removed, and keyboard/mouse/peripherals unplugged

- Replaced CMOS battery with new one

- Tried different RAM (although unlikely to be problem) 

- Attempted Winkey + B recovery, nothing happens.

- Attempted Winkey + B + USB BIOS recovery - nothing happens.

So is this bricked? Is there anything else I can try at all?

Thanks in advance

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You have tried many good troubleshooting steps. You could try a different, known good, power supply but it seems you have a bad BIOS update.

You would have to contact HP Support (Link) for factory service. Maybe HP can reprogram the BIOS or replace the motherboard.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you, I had a feeling there was nothing else I could try. The unit is no longer in warranty, so before I contact HP, I will leave the CMOS battery out for a few days - just in case it changes its mind 😄

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Try the CMOS battery. Your PC was released for sale in 2017. You could also look for a local PC tech with BIOS reprogramming skills. The motherboard part number is 910104-601. Maybe you can find this part on eBay.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.