• post a message
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavillion Desk Top not switching off

Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b017a (Touch) W2T83AA

Hi , I have a Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b017a (Touch) ; Windows 10 , that does not switch off. The white power button light remains after closing the system down. Any help appreciated!    

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,578 11,569 571 628
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jus1,

Welcome to HP Forums, 
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that your HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b017a is not turning off.

Could you please let me know if you see any other lights, like on the keyboard or mouse?

In the meantime, I suggest you update the BIOS on your computer using this link.

Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI Raj

To answer your question there are no other lights on only the power button after closing all applictations down. I have updated BIOS using the link you provided, but the issue persists. I have read other related psots and some suggest updating the graphics card or factory reset.  It has been working fine until this issue.    

Any further suggestions?   

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jus1

Hi,

as @Raj1788 is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

What happens if you press and hold the power button on the PC? Does it power off completely?

Meanwhile, please attempt the following steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Power Options.

• Click Choose what the power buttons do.

Figure : Choose what the power buttons do

Power Options window with Choose what the power buttons do highlighted

• On the next screen, uncheck sleep and hibernate.

• Click on save changes. 

Hope this helps. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI , I followed your steps and this did not work. After powering off the machine it is still on, the screen is balnk but power button ( white) and processors working    

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jus1

Glad to have you back. I truly appreciate your efforts and patience.

You may now perform a Microsoft Push Button Reset. This repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This can be done either while preserving your personal data and customizations, or removing all your personal data.

Hope this helps. In case the problem persists then please reach out to our HP phone support team to check the available service options for your HP PC.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Le me know.

All the best! 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI , I have reset the machinwe as you directed , however this did not fix the issue.  Any further ideas?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 830 1,479
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jus1

Your patience and efforts are greatly appreciated. You've displayed remarkable commitment, terrific resilience coupled with good technical skills.

As the issue persists you may contact our HP phone support team to explore the service options. They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation