Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavillion wont power up after powering down

Pavillian Elite HPE
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I powered down my PC last night before the storm and this morning it won't power up.

The green light on the power supply on and steady.

What should I try.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Greg999 I powered down my PC last night before the storm and this morning it won't power up.

The green light on the power supply on and steady. What should I try.

Is the PC connected to a power-bar with "surge protection", or to a UPS ("Uninterruptible Power Supply")?

Both devices protect from "surges" and "spikes" in the incoming AC power.

I am not sure what you mean by "won't power up".

If you disconnect the power-cord from the power-supply, does the light fade-out?

Reconnect the cable.

If the computer is a "desktop" computer, with a stand-alone monitor, does the monitor work?

Try the OSD (On Screen Display) buttons on the monitor, to show that the monitor responds to the buttons, and displays "something" on the screen.

Push the ON/OFF button on the computer.

Do you feel any breeze from air being exhausted by the fan inside the power-supply?

Do you hear any noise from any fan(s) inside the computer?

What text appears on the screen?

If there is a "splash" screen, press ESC (top-left of your keyboard) to "dismiss" that screen.

Push the "eject" button on the CD/DVD device.

Does the tray open/close, to show that it is receiving power?

Please reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replaced the power supply. All is well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
11,043 11,017 577 1,657
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response, to show that your problem has been resolved to your satisfaction.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation