cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Jigen4
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Pc freezing

HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-350nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the lasts times my PC keeps randomly freezing and seems slow (everytime the icons on desktop take time to appear and disk 100% at low transfer rate at start)

All started with latency issues, i had also BSOD: driver power state failure

I used the HP diagnostics Windows version 1.6.8.0 but it didn't finish because the PC kept freeze

So I used the HP UEFI Hardware diagnostics version 8.1.0.0 and done all the tests, the only error was on Usb port

ID error: ME6C3A-8BBALK-X87T6K-8D4103

Now while i write, it didn't freeze one time, yesterday i had 5 freeze during the day

2 REPLIES 2
itsmyname
Level 9
5,032 4,948 229 643
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

driver power state failure

My first guess is that the disk-drive is failing -- powering itself off "randomly".

How warm/hot is the disk-drive, to the touch?

Are the fan(s) inside your computer working, to expel warm air, and to draw in room-temperature air, to prevent overheating?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Jigen4
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, not too much hot, for sure is not cold...

Yes the fan is working (not overworking), also the room is quite cool

I redone the HP UEFI Hardware diagnostic, and i had zero error (also on the Usb port)

The last BSOD i had was the 05/23 due to "ntoskrnl.exe"(Blue screen viewer) after that time it didn't happen again but the pc started to freeze without giving any error message or code

The only thing i found is in Reliability Monitor and it said "Windows was not properly shut down", but that was my action for the freeze

So strange...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation