Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-350nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the lasts times my PC keeps randomly freezing and seems slow (everytime the icons on desktop take time to appear and disk 100% at low transfer rate at start)

All started with latency issues, i had also BSOD: driver power state failure

I used the HP diagnostics Windows version 1.6.8.0 but it didn't finish because the PC kept freeze

So I used the HP UEFI Hardware diagnostics version 8.1.0.0 and done all the tests, the only error was on Usb port

ID error: ME6C3A-8BBALK-X87T6K-8D4103

Now while i write, it didn't freeze one time, yesterday i had 5 freeze during the day

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

driver power state failure

My first guess is that the disk-drive is failing -- powering itself off "randomly".

How warm/hot is the disk-drive, to the touch?

Are the fan(s) inside your computer working, to expel warm air, and to draw in room-temperature air, to prevent overheating?

HP Recommended

Ok, not too much hot, for sure is not cold...

Yes the fan is working (not overworking), also the room is quite cool

I redone the HP UEFI Hardware diagnostic, and i had zero error (also on the Usb port)

The last BSOD i had was the 05/23 due to "ntoskrnl.exe"(Blue screen viewer) after that time it didn't happen again but the pc started to freeze without giving any error message or code

The only thing i found is in Reliability Monitor and it said "Windows was not properly shut down", but that was my action for the freeze

So strange...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.