beardly
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Pc not responding

HP Recommended
Hp 870
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My bluetooth keeps diconnecting and my mouse becomes very slow and unusable. I cant click on anything on screen, and i have to shut my pc off to fix it. In order to shut the pc off i have to use keyboard commands and navigate that way. Most of the time when this happens the pc does not shut off anyway the screen shut off but the rgb lighting and fans stay on. This happens at least once a day and all at the same time

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,532
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@beardly

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have an HP desktop PC. I read that the Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and the mouse becomes very slow and unusable. Due to this it does not let you click on anything. When this happens, the PC does not shutdown completely. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Let me know the exact PC model number. This link will help in find the model number: https://hp.care/2pi7D7A
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the PC?

While you respond to that. I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Shutdown the PC.
  • Disconnect all cables and devices from the PC. Also, disconnect the power cable from it.
  • Press and hold the power button on the PC for 10 seconds. 
  • Reconnect the power cable, mouse, keyboard and the monitor.
  • Power on the PC.

Please download and run the HP Support Assistant tool. This tool will scan your PC and install the required drivers:

• Click here to download and install the HP Support Assistant.
  • Click My devices on the top of the HP Support Assistant window, and then click Updates in the window for your device.

Figure : Updates in the My PC box

The Updates window opens.

• If HP Support Assistant detects updates, a list of updates displays in the Updates available window.

Figure : Updates window

Updates window
  • To check for recent updates, click Check for updates and messages.

HP Support Assistant connects to the HP servers and performs the following actions:

• Downloads messages and updates

• Gathers configuration information

• Analyzes your computer system

• Prepares an action list

If HP Support Assistant finds updates, they display in the Updates available window.

Figure : Updates available window

Updates available window
    • To postpone or delete a current update, use the following steps.

1. Next to the message you want to postpone, click Remind me.

2. Select Tomorrow, One week, or One month, depending on when you want to be reminded.

• To delete an update, click  next to the update.

• To install the update now, click the Install now icon () next to the update.

• To review completed and postponed actions, scroll down to the Action log section.

You may restart the PC after the HP Support Assistant installs the required updates. 

Please refer to "Fixing problems with Bluetooth" from this HP document to resolve various Bluetooth issues in Windows 10: https://hp.care/2Cm1yNA

If the issues still persists then it would good to update the BIOS on the PC. The BIOS update can be downloaded and installed via this link: https://hp.care/2B3MVQS

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Keep me posted for further assistance.

Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation