Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 870-024nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi guys, 

please I need help with my pc. It’s having like a big problem because it starts up but there is no usb power or the windows logo on my monitor. I searched and I found someone that said that the motherboard is the problem but i don’t think so

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Are you getting power from the wall outlet?

You should see a solid green power supply LED at the rear of the case. No PSU LED suggests trying a different outlet or check the circuit. The power supply may have failed if you have utility power.

Any LEDs on the motherboard or HDD/optical drive sounds when you start the PC? Any top or front case LED activity?

Only use a monitor when starting the PC since you have no USB function for the mouse and keyboard.

It could be the power supply, a short caused by a component connected to the MB or a bad peripheral device.

It could be the MB or (very unusual) the CPU.

Regards

HP Recommended

yeah LEDs are working perfectly

HP Recommended

After the Completing Pervious Step then You will Go through this Page.
moi traffic violation Which is Result Page Here The Arrows are notice implies First Arrow which is Explaing the Document Type Simply Select the Type it very well may be any sort See the Next Image for additionally Understanding this Button.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please describe, in detail, what you see and hear when you start the PC.

I still don't know what is happening.

Regards

HP Recommended

I see the start button lighting, the LEDs working perfectly and I hear the beep and the water and the power supply starts spinning 

HP Recommended

Hi,

No video and no mouse/keyboard function but you see LED activity and hear startup sounds when you turn on your PC. The power supply LED at the back of the case is solid green.

I think you have a power supply or motherboard problem if you are only connecting the above devices to the PC, the connections are secure, and the devices work correctly.

I can only guess without having physical access to your PC. It is tough to diagnose a hardware problem in a forum.

Regards

HP Recommended

Bro the power supply is working. I think the motherboard is the problem. Is there anything that I can do for solving it?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You would have to replace the MB if you believe it has failed.

It could also be a component connected to the MB. You have to troubleshoot all components before you conclude the MB is the cause.

It could also be the PSU.

Did you ever use a car to find the interior lights and radio work but the car will not start?

Regards

HP Recommended

I don’t really know bro. I would say that the MotherBoard is the problem but I really don’t know. When I turn on the pc everything works except for the USB ports and the display on the monitor

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.