Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Phoenix 810-160 starts for 2 seconds and then shuts down

Phoenix 810-160
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This happened for about 4 weeks or so, could usually coax it to start after 4-5 tries. 

It no longer will boot up.  It literally boots up for 1-2 seconds - lights come on the cpu - then it shuts down and starts all over again. 

Been doing it for 30 minutes now.  I have disconnected the video cards and all peripheals - and the problem persists.  I did a hard reset - 5-6 times to no avail.  

I have reset the cmos on the kaili motherboard - to no avail .  

Please help 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,476 26,431 2,200 3,373
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@walpoledad

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out

As I understand the computer isn't turning on anymore as it instantly shuts down with a few seconds,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you reset the computer to release excessive static?

While you respond to that, The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

To identify & understand what the blink or beep codes represent: Click here

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I did the hard reset - actually 3 or 4 Times .  No change 

i finished the troubleshooting (except the ones that asked me to hit keyboard buttons - as the computer does not start long  enough to even recognize the keyboard). It literally restarts after maybe 1-2 seconds max 

I appreciate the help so far 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,476 26,431 2,200 3,373
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@walpoledad

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

If the device is shutting down within seconds of turning it on, according to your description this could be a hardware malfunction and hence I recommend that you Contact HP for hardware repair/replacement:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation